Division of Continuing and Global Education
Digital Accessibility in the Workplace - Cancelled
Bring your office to the forefront of accessibility with this unique workshop!
Assistive technologies have come a long way in the last thirty years. Hearing aids, note taking devices, reading machines, scanners, and other devices have greatly enhanced accessibility for differently-abled students and employees, but there remain significant obstacles to equal access that these devices cannot easily overcome, but that may change very soon.
Digital Accessibility in the Workplace is a 15-hour workshop that provides an overview of assistive technologies, guidance on incorporating assistive technologies into workplace training and operations, and information about powerful artificial intelligence tools that greatly enhance existing assistive technologies for the well-being of employees.
This workshop includes a mix of lecture, discussion, and projects designed to provide participants with a broad array of resources to better serve differently-abled employees.
Workshop meetings will be conducted online via Zoom. Assignments and resources will be provided on Canvas. Reserve your space today!
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify existing assistive technologies and their applications, and rethink task management.
- Design a training opportunity that is accessible and effective, using UDL design parameters.
- Create tasks that utilize different technologies to employ and engage employees.
- Locate current financial opportunities and resources to provide accessible technologies to yourself or your employees.
- Identify challenges to differently-abled employees in the workplace and learn how to remove them.
- Register with thriving online communities for further career opportunities, professional development, and support.
July 10, 2023 - August 6, 2023
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
4:00pm - 5:15pm
Online (Zoom and Canvas)
EXEDUC 221; class number 50484
Last Day to Register
July 12, 2023