Division of Continuing and Global Education
Provost Graduation Initiative Grant
• Spring Intersession registration will be frozen May 10-11, 2022 and re-open on May
• Summer Session registration will be frozen May 10, 2022 and re-open on May 11, 2022
PGI 2022 Application Information
- The application is now closed
- All questions regarding the Provost Graduation Initiative (PGI) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The grant award is applied to only Summer Session and Spring Intersession courses offered through Continuing and Global Education.
About the Program
The Provost Graduation Initiative (PGI) is available for current matriculated undergraduate degree-seeking Fresno State students to help them stay on track or get ahead in coursework needed for graduation.
Students who qualify (see eligibility requirements) may be eligible to receive a grant from the Division of Continuing and Global Education to apply towards Spring Intersession and/or Summer Session.
All students who qualify will be eligible for an award of ONE course in Spring Intersession/Summer Session.
Students who are graduating in Summer 2022 are eligible to receive an award for 2 courses.
2022 Provost Graduation Initiative Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a matriculated undergraduate degree-seeking Fresno State student enrolled in coursework in either Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or both. Students admitted in Fall 2022 are not eligible.
- You must be in good academic standing with the university (a grade point average of 2.0 or above).
- You must have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office (verified by CGE Office)
- Students who are graduating by taking summer coursework are eligible for an award of 2 courses in Spring Intersession and/or Summer Session
- You are responsible for any and all fees not covered by the awarded amount.
- Each applicant must be in a recognized state-funded baccalaureate degree program.
- State-funded courses, lab fees, graduate (master and doctoral level) courses, courses supporting CalTeach, the Accelerated Bachelors in Business Administration (ABBA), the off-campus Bachelor of Science in Criminology, and travel study programs are not eligible.
- Students whose educational cost is covered by a 3rd party may not be eligible for funding.
- Post-baccalaureate/Graduate students and International Students are not eligible. However, International students may be eligible to take identified coursework at no cost (Area F Link) or at a reduced cost (Reduced Cost Courses Link)
- Only undergraduate courses listed in Continuing and Global Education’s Schedule of Courses for Spring Intersession and Summer Session are eligible under this program.
- Award preference will be given to students with the greatest documented financial need as established by FAFSA/California Dream Act calculations and the personal narrative. Preference will also be given to students with highest academic rank, awarding up to 2 courses for students who are graduating in Summer 2022.
Reduced Cost Courses
In addition to the Provost Graduation Initiative, students may be eligible to enroll in coursework at no-cost or reduced-cost. The GE Area courses identified below are partially sponsored by Graduation Initiative 2025 funding. If you are a matriculated, degree-seeking Fresno State student (admitted, enrolled and in good academic standing) and meet other eligibility requirements, you may be eligible for this reduced cost course. Fall 2022 admits are not eligible. Please note: full course fees may appear on your student account until the sponsorship can be processed in June 2022. You are responsible to pay the remaining amount until by May 9, 2022, or within 24-hours of registering after May 9, 2022.
Area F Courses
This is a GE Area F course and is being sponsored by Graduation Initiative 2025 funding. If you are an undergraduate, matriculated, degree-seeking Fresno State student (admitted, enrolled and in good academic standing) and meet other eligibility requirements, course fees for this course will be covered. Fall 2022 admits are not eligible. Please note: full course fees will appear on your student account until the sponsorship can be processed in June 2022.