Division of Continuing and Global Education
Brew U - Brewing Basics
Discover the artistry of craft beer with our Brewing Basics class! Immerse yourself in the rich history, premium ingredients, and intricate processes that go into creating exceptional brews. Gain valuable insights into the dynamic craft brewery industry, exploring not just the flavors but also the business behind the craft. By the course's end, you'll possess a profound appreciation for every beer style and be ready to step into the world of brewing with a solid foundation in this globally celebrated beverage. Elevate your beer journey with Brewing Basics!
Ryan Hansen (a.k.a. Big Pop) is the founder and chief consultant for Big Pop Brewery Consulting. Ryan lives in central California with his wife and four kids.
Ryan’s brewing industry experience includes:
- Masters of Business Administration
- Professional Brewing and Distilling Certification Program Graduate
- Founder of the Home Brewer Pro home brewing masterclass
- Experience Head Brewer of a 10bbl brewhouse
- Published author in several top brewing publications and websites
- Beer tasting and appreciation class instructor and brewery tour guide
- Proud member of the Central Valley Brewer’s Guild
- Brulosophy contributor
Ryan’s professional, yet easygoing personality are a great pairing for his love of teaching and helping fellow passionate brewers.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 2 - 18, 2024
Kremen Education Building, Room 140
6 - 7:30 pm
Last Day to Register
April 4, 2024
If you would like to be contacted when the next course is scheduled, please fill out the contact form below.