Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Division of Continuing and Global Education

Enrollment Instructions

Before you begin, make sure your enroll eligibility has been switched to 'Open University' and you have permission numbers from each of your instructors.

  1. Login to your MyFresnoState portal and enter your [Student Center].
  2. Click on [Search for Classes], [Class Enrollment], and select the current term.
  3. Enter the 5-digit class number OR use [Class Search] to locate your classes. Make sure "Regular Academic Section" is selected as the "Course Type."
  4. Enter your permission numbers when prompted and add your classes to your Enrollment Shopping Cart.
  5. Once you've finished selecting classes, proceed through the steps as prompted to finish enrollment.

You now need to pay your course tuition fees and any additional course fees (e.g. lab or materials fees). You have 24 hours to pay for your courses after enrolling.

To pay online:

  1. Return to your Student Center, click on [My Finances], and then [View eBills/Make a Payment].
  2. Click on [Make Payment] and select [Payment – Continuing and Global]. Add the payment to your basket and checkout. You may pay the tuition bill with an e-check or credit card.*
  3. If your course has any additional course fees you will need to make an additional [Payment – General] to cover those fees. Additional course fees cannot be covered with a "Continuing and Global Education Payment."

To pay in person:

  1. Visit the Cashiers' Windows in the south lobby of the Joyal Building. The windows are open from 8AM-4:30PM on Monday-Friday.
  2. Pay with cash, check (write your Fresno State ID number on check), Visa, or MasterCard. Tell the cashier that you are making a "Continuing and Global Education Payment." If applicable, make a "General Payment" for additional course fees.

*ONLINE PAYMENT NOTE: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted online. A 2.75% service fee is charged for online credit card payments. There are no service fees for electronic check payments or payments made at the Cashiers' Windows.

Open University Restrictions
Units: You may take up to 24 units toward your baccalaureate degree through Open University. Please consult with a counselor to determine your course schedule.
Education and Counseling Courses: Students must receive special permission to enroll in these courses through Open University. Visit the site below for more details.
Graduate Courses: If you are an academically disqualified graduate student, you are not eligible to enroll in Open University.

Contact Continuing and Global Education or visit for complete instructions, restrictions, and details.