Course Proposal Forms
A course proposal form is required for each course section scheduled through the Division of Continuing and Global Education. Course proposal forms must be submitted using Adobe Sign.
Course Proposal Form Frequently Asked Questions
See below for common questions regarding both the submission process and Adobe Sign. If you have a question regarding a specific program, please check the website for more information. If you still cannot find the information you need, please contact the appropriate program coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course: (e.g. HIST 11).
- Course Title: as it appears in the University Catalog (e.g. American History to 1877).
- Units: provided by the course (e.g. 3).
- Start Date: the first day of class or online instruction (e.g. 6/14/21).
- End Date: the last day of class or online instruction (e.g. 8/9/21).
- Maximum Enrollment: the capacity fo the class section (e.g. 22). This may be overridden with permission numbers. Please note that "W" courses are capped at 25 seats.
- Class Type: the modality of the class (e.g. Blended II or Digital Campus). Please note that Digitcal Campus courses must have completed any necessary approvals for online curriculum delivery.
- Restrict all enrollment with permisson numbers or permission lists: determines whether or not class will be open to all interested students who meet catalog requirements, or if permission numbers will be requried for all enrolled students.
- Student Permission Contact: If the previous question is marked "yes" a contact person or email must be provided. This will be the person responsible for distributing permission numbers to students (e.g. instructor or department assistant).
- Lecture/Seminar Class Meetings: if your class has a lecture/seminar compoennt with specific class meeting dates/times,
you will use these fields to provide the information.
- Meeting Days: the days of the week your class will meet (e.g. MWF for a section that has Monday/Wednesday/Friday class meetings)
- Meeting Times: the start and end times of the class meetings (e.g. 10am - 10:50am)
- Requested Location: the requested room assignment for this class (e.g. PB 103). CGE will make every effort to provide you with your preferred room.
- Lab/Activity 1 Class Meetings (if needed): if your class has a secondary section for lab meetings, please enter the information for that section here. Please note that "L" classes (e.g. CHEM 1AL; PHYS 4AL) require their own course proposal forms.
- Lab/Activity 2 Class Meetings (if needed): some lecture/lab classes are offered with two lab options. If this is the case, please enter the information for the second section here.
- Attach File (optional): if your class schedule cannot be explained in the spaces provided (e.g. only meets on certain days, takes days or weeks off), you may attach a Word or Excel document here with meeting dates/times. You do not have to do this if your class is interrupted by a campus holiday.
- Last Name
- First Name
- Fresno State ID: Please write TBD if not known yet.
- Highest Degree Held: (e.g. Ph.D. or M.S.)
- Email Address
- Instructor Rank: Please indicate your current rank. New hires may indicate "not applicable."
- On-Campus Extension: (e.g. 0333) write "N/A" if you do not have one.
- Off-Campus Phone: a secondary contact number.
- Campus Department: your home department on campus (e.g. History).
- What is your CURRENT faculty employment status at Fresno State: indicate whether you work at Fresno State full-time or part-time as a faculty member.
- Will this class be team taught: if you are team-teaching the proposed class, please mark "YES." Your second instructor must submit a separate course proposal form (the Scheduling Information may be the same as your form).
- Will you receive additional pay/overload: Mark "YES" if you have will any assignments that put you above 100% workload other than CGE classes (e.g. grants, special assignments, etc.) during the semesters in which the proposed course will be scheduled.
- Will you be on leave/sabbatical for any portion of this assignment: Mark "yes" if any planned leaves overlap with the dates of this proposed course.
- Will you be on the Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) for any portion of this assignment?
- If you are a recent reitree, will this assignment beign at least 6 months after your retirement date: a reminder--you must be retired for at least six months before you may begin a teaching assignment through CGE.
Course Proposal Forms have a second page that is specific to the program.
Contact the appropriate program coordinator for an update on your form’s progress through the approval process.
A volunteer form is required if you are teaching a class through CGE without expectation of pay. Please note that the CGE volunteer form is different from the University volunteer form. Each course proposal below includes a version that is bundled with a volunteer form.
A syllabus is only required if you are submitting a Faculty-Led Travel Study course proposal, a proposal for a brand-new (never previously offered) topic or noncredit class, or if your department or college/school requires a syllabus as part of an internal approval process.
Please contact the appropriate Program Coordinator before proceeding with the form. They will help you identify the proper person for the role or, if needed, send you a copy of the form that omits that particular role.
For best results, ALWAYS use @mail.fresnostate.edu addresses when sending forms.
Adobe Sign treats @csufresno.edu and @mail.fresnostate.edu as separate accounts. The signer will receive an email prompt to sign the form and may use that link to do so, even if the form does not appear within their Adobe Sign portal.
If all else fails and your signer cannot access the form, please ask the CGE Program Coordinator to correct the email.
Canceled forms were stopped during the approval process by one of the signers. If you are uncertain of the next steps for your proposal, please contact the signer who declined the form for clarification or the appropriate CGE Program Coordinator.
Adobe Sign will give you the option to print a copy of the form when you sign. When the form has been completely processed, it will be available for download in your Adobe Sign portal as long as you use @mail.fresnostate.edu email addresses to route the form.