International New Student Check-in and Orientation
In order to make sure you have a successful transition to Fresno State, every new student at Fresno State is required to complete all parts of a New Student Orientation. A mandatory orientation fee of $70 will be charged to your student account.
For new international students, New Student Orientation includes FOUR parts. Open each drop down below for dates and details. New students must also complete the Check-in Form and upload required documents as instructed in the form.
Date: Anytime now and before your arrival to Fresno State
Date: January 12, 2023
Time: 8:30 am Pacific Standard Time
During the zoom meeting, you will be welcomed by our university administrators and
get information necessary for your success at Fresno State, for example, academic
expectations, campus resources, and responses to any questions about Fresno State.
You will also get guidance to complete the required International Orientation Modules Part A & B available on CANVAS on your student portal.
Date: January 12, 2023
Time: 10 am (CANVAS will be launched at 10 am and you will complete all International Orientation Modules prior to the first day of classes on January 19, 2023)
After you have registered for classes, you will receive a CANVAS invitation sent to your Fresno State email. You must respond with acceptance to the CANVAS invitation and then you will gain access to the International Orientation Module on CANVAS . If you couldn’t find the International Orientation modules on CANVAS, email Maribel Flores at email@example.com who would help you with the access
Link: login through your “myfresnostate” portal → “Campus Systems” → CANVAS → “International Office” → “Orientation”
- Canvas Student Video Tutorial:
Date: January 13, 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Satellite Student Union
- You will meet in person the International Office Team, the International Student Ambassadors, an introduction to Campus Resources, receive your Welcome Bag, T-shirt and more!
All new students need to complete a mandatory check-in regardless if you are here in the US or attending virtually for the Spring 2023 semester by February 1, 2023. The check-in is mandatory by the US government. Not completing the check-in link may result in severe immigration consequences.
Step1: Click the "Check-In" link and upload the following documents:
- Passport, F1/J1 Visa, I-94, and I-20 (F1 Students)/DS-2019 (J1 Students).
Step 2: Please come to the International Office, located in the Joyal Administration building, Room 256 (see map):
- If you have the Official Transcripts, Official English Proficiency Exam, and Official Graduation Certificate, please deliver them to the International Office Admissions Team by the end of your first semester. The deadline to provide official documents is May 1, 2023. Failure to provide official documents will result in an international hold on your account at the beginning of your second semester.
Step 1: Complete the COVID-19 vaccination Self-Certification process through this link. You will need to upload a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record.
Step 2: Immunization records check-in:
- Please visit the Student Health portal to enter your immunization information and upload your documentation.
- Include all immunization records from childhood and adulthood.
- Any blood test results for Tuberculosis (TB) and chest x-ray reports if you have them.
- Please complete this TB Blood Test Verification Form.
- Please refer to Immunization Requirements for a list of required vaccines.