Conditional Admission Requirements
- Fall: July 1 (Students outside the U.S.)
- Fall: August 1 (Students in the U.S.)
- Spring: November 1 (All students)
*Consideration for admission after the deadlines is not guaranteed.
You are an International Student if:
You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card)
You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Fresno.
Apply for Conditional Admissions (ESL + Undergraduate or ESL + Graduate):
CSU Fresno offers conditional admission to students without qualifying English proficiency test scores such as (TOEFL or IELTS) in selected degrees and programs. Students accepted through conditional admission will receive a one-year language study I-20 Form from the university. Students will enroll in the American English Institute (AEI) on campus. Once the students have fulfilled the requirement, they will receive an academic I-20 Form and will be allowed to study in the admitted programs. Graduate students will also need to meet the required GRE or GMAT scores before studying in the graduate programs.
How to Apply
1. Print and fill out the Conditional Admission Request Form
2. There are two options to submit the application.
Submit the online application via Cal State Apply and pay a non-refundable application fee of $70 USD by credit card.
Submit the Paper Application. To avoid errors, please type your information in the fillable form. Then, pay a non-refundable application fee of $70 USD at https://commerce.cashnet.com/fresnoem_ISSP by credit card. Or, it can be paid by check, money order, or bank draft. Please make it payable to "California State University, Fresno".
3. Original or certificated copies of in-progress or final transcripts:
For freshman applicant: High school (or secondary and higher secondary) transcripts, mark sheets or grade reports with literal English translation.
For undergraduate transfer applicant: High school (or secondary and higher secondary) and university transcripts, mark sheets or grade reports with literal English translation.
For graduate applicant: University transcripts, mark sheets or grade reports with literal English translation.
4. Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study. For details please review the estimated yearly cost chart here.
5. A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
Please scan the unofficial documents listed above in PDF format and email (including the English language proficiency exam score, SOP, resume, and letters of recommendation) to the International Admissions Officer:
If you are accepted to the university, please bring or mail your official final documents to:
California State University, Fresno
Attention: International Admissions
5150 N. Maple Ave. M/S JA56
Fresno, California 93740 USA