Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

International Office

F-1 to B-1/B-2 Change of Nonimmigrant Status

Submit your application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by mail.

Mail the following documents to the USCIS Lockbox 

  • Detailed letter. Why are you requesting the change of status? What arrangements have you made to depart the U.S.?
  • Form I-539
  • $370 fee: check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”
    • You may also pay the filing fee with a credit card by completing form G-1450 and place the form on top of your application when filing. 
  • Original I-94 card or photocopy of admission stamp and paper printout of  I-94 record  
  • Photocopy of the visa page and identification page in your passport
  • Photocopy of every previously Issued I-20
  • Evidence of financial support (such as a bank statement)