Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Division of Continuing and Global Education

Summer Session Student Services

NOTE: COVID-19 closures may impact the availability of on-campus services in Summer 2021.

The University is open during the summer term, and many student services remain available (some with reduced hours). This is not a complete list; other services may also be available.

On this page:

Academic Advising

Advising Services includes resources and links to help you locate the right advising office on campus. We highly recommend that you consult with an advisor before enrolling in Summer Session to ensure that you are taking the best possible classes for your academic career. 

Continuing and Global Education

The Division of Continuing and Global Education (CGE) coordinates Summer Session classes and registration. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm during the semester. Summer office hours are 7am-3:30pm and begin in late May. Contact CGE at

Henry Madden Library

The Henry Madden Library will be open on Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm during Summer Session. The building will be closed on weekends and on Friday, July 3rd. Visit the library website for more information.

Housing (University Courtyard)

If you are enrolled in Summer Session, you may apply for residence hall housing. For more information, visit the Atrium Customer Service desk, call 559.278.2345, or visit the University Courtyard Website.

Kennel Bookstore

Beginning in early June, textbooks will be available at the Kennel Bookstore for Summer Session. Visit the Kennel Bookstore website for more information. You may also contact your instructor in advance for textbook information.

Parking (Traffic Operations)

Parking permits will be required for Summer Session. You may purchase a summer student permit for $44. For more information, call 559.278.2950 or visit the Traffic Operations & Parking Website.

Student ID Cards (non-Fresno State students)

Students without an active Fresno State ID card may purchase a Spring/Summer CGE-student ID card for $5.00. The ID card provides checkout privileges for materials in the library, access to services at the Health Center (with a co-pay), and serves as a valid student ID card in the community. View CGE ID card information.

Services for Students for Disabilities

Support services are available by calling the Services for Students with Disabilities office at 559.278.2811. Visit the Services for Students with Disabilities website for more information.

Student Recreation Center

The Student Recreation Center will be open during Summer Session. A paid summer membership is required. This is NOT included in Summer Session fees. You will have to purchase a membership separately if you wish to use the facilities. Visit the Student Recreation Center Website for more information.

Student Health and Counseling Services

Student Health and Counseling Center Services will be open during Summer Session. Visit the Student Health and Counseling Center Website for more information.

Technology Services (Technology Service Desk)

You may reach the Technology Service Desk by calling 559.278.5000, or by visiting the Technology Service Desk Website. The Technology Service Desk can answer questions and assist with student accounts and campus systems.

University Dining Services

The University Dining Hall and select campus dining locations will be open during the summer. For University Dining Services Services hours, call 559.278.3904 or visit the University Dining Services Website.

University Student Union

The University Student Union will be open daily during Summer Session, but will be closed during campus-recognized holidays. Visit the University Student Union Website for summer hours and services.

Veterans Services

Information on State and Federal aid to veterans is available by calling Veterans Services at 559.278.6036. Visit the Veterans Services Website for more information.