As a condition of your enrollment at California State University, Fresno you will be automatically enrolled in the Fresno State-approved health insurance policy when residing in the US.
- A copy of the health insurance brochure for 2021-2022 may be viewed here.
- Quick Overview
- How to Start Using Your Health Insurance
- Online Health Tools
- $623 charge will appear on your cashier's bill for the required health insurance policy
- Covers: August 9, 2021 - January 8, 2022
- $852 charge will appear on your bill
- Covers: January 9, 2022 - August 8, 2022
Additional Health Insurance Information
Those students who have coverage provided by a sponsoring organization, such as the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, will not be required to enroll in the Fresno State-approved health insurance plan. Please purchase travel insurance ONLY for the period that you will be in the United States that is not covered by the effective dates of the policy listed above.
Reminder: Your dependents are not covered under this plan. They can purchase individual insurance plans through the following companies:
Health Insurance for OPT Students
If you are a recent Fresno State graduate working on OPT, there are other health insurance options available to you. Please visit the link below for more information about health insurance through International Student Insurance. We highly recommend that international students continue to have health care coverage during their stay in the U.S.
Health Insurance for Fresno State link: https://jcbins.com/
Health Insurance Basics
- Health Insurance is automatically billed to your student account.
- Contact JCB to register for your JCB Student Health Account, update your contact information and view important plan details at www.jcbins.com or at 559.490.3661
- Contact Anthem to check the status of a bill, view your electronic medical ID card, get help with questions about benefits or claims at www.Anthem.com/ca or call (800) 888-2108
- Your Anthem Student Advantage Medical ID Card will NOT available online until your insurance start date of 8/9/2021. If you are a late transfer/enrollee at Fresno State, your Medical ID Card will not be available until 2-3 weeks after your enrollment in the plan!
- Anthem Student Advantage Medical ID Cards are electronic only. You must visit Anthem’s website: www.anthem.com/ca or download the Sydney Health Mobile App to access your card.
- You will be able to print your Medical ID Card from the Anthem site or save a copy of it to your smartphone.
- Show your Medical ID Card whenever you receive medical treatment.
- Health Insurance does NOT COVER dental, vision, spouse, or dependents.
- The Policy booklet is available on our International website.
- If you receive a bill directly from a doctor’s office or hospital, please call Anthem to ensure they have received it as well.
- If you use the Fresno State Health Center, save your receipts!! You will have to pay the cost upfront and then you should refer directly to Anthem for claims/bills assistance.
- TO DO: After you have a place to live, a local address, Login to your JCB account at www.jcbins.com to update your address. The default address is the International office: 5150 N. Maple Ave M/S JA56, Fresno, CA 93740.