Online Degree Completion Program B.A. in Liberal Arts
More about the Program Pedagogy
The B.A. in Liberal Arts Online Degree Completion Program is envisioned as a uniquely place-based online program that equips students to effectively and ethically engage challenges in their careers and local communities to effect positive, creative outcomes both regionally and internationally.
Coursework supports an interdisciplinary, liberal arts approach to issues of particular significance to residents of the Central Valley region. Critical thinking, communication, creativity, and problem-solving based courses place regional questions in a global context and bridge liberal arts learning with career development and civic engagement.
Core courses “bookend” and focus on the student learning experience. An introductory, writing-intensive course ensures students are prepared to succeed in online and Liberal Arts learning environments. A culminating seminar provides an opportunity for students to integrate their learning in advanced scholarly, creative, or professional projects.
Through exposure to and focused study within an array of disciplines, liberal arts graduates develop the knowledge and skill base to engage in effective problem-solving in a variety of occupational and civic contexts. Degree objectives place emphasis on the cultivation of specific knowledge and skillsets. Students with a B.A. degree in Liberal Arts earned through this Online Degree Completion Program from Fresno State will:
- Think Critically—Students evaluate and synthesize a wide variety of information sources, perspectives, and methods to creatively address complex human problems.
- Communicate Effectively—Students demonstrate advanced skills in written, oral, and digital forms of communication.
- Interpret and Appreciate Creativity—Students interpret creative works of art and literature from a diversity of cultures and explore the significance of aesthetic dimensions of human experience.
- Value Diversity—Students demonstrate nuanced cross-cultural awareness, communication, and collaboration skills, and appreciate the value of diversity in communities and workplaces.
- Lead Ethically—Students apply a sophisticated understanding of professional ethics, social responsibility, and civic leadership.